A Multi-Tiered System of Support (MTSS) is a data-driven, problem-solving framework to improve outcomes for all students. MTSS relies on a continuum of evidence-based practices matched to student needs.
At Cedar Springs Public Schools our continuous improvement goals center on installing and implementing MTSS.
Our systems include the following:
- Continuous data-based decision making
- Tiered delivery system
- Team-based leadership
- Comprehensive screening and assessment system
- Selection and implementation of evidence-based instruction, interventions, and supports
Our two goals focus on:
- Intentional, evidence-based instructional design, especially in literacy and mathematics
- Positive climate and culture leads to high levels of student engagement